Living Out the Great Co-Mission.
Isaiah 42:3; Matthew 12:20 (Bruised Reed & Smoking Flax)
Luke 14:23 (Highways & hedges)
Luke 15:4 (Lost sheep)
Luke 15:11-32 (Prodigal son)
Our Vision Statement
To engage, encourage, and edify hurting, homeless, and needy men and women, equipping them with the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ to become the people God created them to be.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Our Mission Statement
Bridge Street Mission exists as a “para-church” and gospel rescue mission, together with the body of Christ, offering Christ-centered solutions to the hurting, homeless and needy in Central Wisconsin. This is accomplished through:
- Relationships with local partner churches
- Christ-centered training/trainers
- Involving guests of mission with local bible-believing churches
- Equipping/training/re-learning basic life-skills
- Developing and offering programming for overcoming addiction
- Providing safe and orderly housing
- Requiring them to work and help support themselves
- Learning and addressing root causes of their situation
- Equipping them with the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Training in basic financial responsibility and vocation
- Learning to live the “Golden Rule” Matt 7:12, Phil 2:3, Matt 22:36-39
- Meal plans, clothing vouchers.
Our Statement of Faith
As a local mission and parachurch (with specific ministry to serving all local churches in a specific area) we are dedicated to support the little “c” church and the big “C” church.
We Believe In:
1. The God-Head Three-In-One:
The Father is God.
The Son Jesus Christ is God.
The Holy Spirit / comforter is God.
All three were present and responsible for all creation
2. The Holy Bible
Inspired word of God (2 Peter 1:22)
Ultimate guide for all believers.
A complete and living word for all men.
3. The Church
The little “c” church definition –
– Ecclesia – local congregation which submits to the Holy Bible in order with Jesus Christ as the head. The overseer of local congregation (little “c” church) must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach. 1 Timothy 3:2 ESV
The Big “C” Church Definition –
Jesus Christ the head and all members of the body of Christ also referred to as invisible Church
Salvation comes to all who believe in Jesus Christ. “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.” John 3:16-18, Acts 16:31.
Those who believe and accept Jesus Christ will repent or turn from worldly desires to follow Christ and receive the indwelling Holy Spirit of God to become new creatures. Romans 8, II Corinthians 5:17
Man was created for fellowship with God but broke the relationship by His own disbelief and rebellion, making all men sinners. Genesis 3, Romans 5:17-18. God came to earth in the fashion of man, the man Christ Jesus, to take the punishment and pay the price for man’s sinfulness. Phil. 2:6, Romans 5:19. He died, was buried and rose from the dead to restore the relationship with Himself both here on earth and in eternity. 1 Peter 1:18-20, 1 Corinthians 15:3-6
6. Ministry, Missionary Work, and Evangelism
All ministry will support these core truths, to the effect that there is a consistent teaching of God’s sovereignty, man’s sinfulness and need for a personal Savior. Salvation comes through belief in Christ Jesus sacrifice for our sins and resurrection from the dead and our repentance toward God. Transformed lives come from seeking first the kingdom of God and following Christ as we grow in our faith.
Matthew 5:6, Matthew 16:24, John 10:27, 1 Timothy 2:22
7. Ministry, Culture, and History
To help understand our core beliefs and a small sampling of the teachings of Jesus (John 21:25) we adopt the denominational theory to help understand church history and current church culture (from late 1600’s to present). As well as the 5 solas (Latin “slogans”) that come from The Reformation of the 1500’s.
Our Denomination Theory
1. As we consider man’s inability to always see the truth clearly, differences of opinion about outward form of church are inevitable.
2. Even though differences do not involve fundamentals of the faith, they are not matters of indifference. Every Christian is obligated to practice what he believes the Bible teaches.
3. Because of this, no little “c” church has a final and full grasp of Divine Truth, the Big “C” Church of Christ cannot be fully represented by any single ecclesiastical structure or doctrine of men.
Separation /denomination don’t necessarily constitute division. It is possible to be divided in some points and still be united in Jesus Christ.
As we submit all our ways to the Lord, He will protect our thoughts and establish our paths. We desire to submit to Jesus Christ and lay down our lives for the sake of the gospel and trust Him to correct our differences, weaknesses and give us further understanding as a local Mission and parachurch.